Positioning Yourself to Run for Office
Tip #2 – Campaigning for Others
Working on a campaign team is great experience to have before you decide to become the candidate. Campaigning for others will teach you about all the aspects of a political campaign.
The Campaign Team includes:
- The Campaign Manager works for the candidate, provides strategy and manages the campaign team.
- The Finance Director raises money for the campaign to meet the budget set by the Campaign Manager.
- The Communications Director builds the campaign message and keeps the candidate “on message.”
- The Field Director designs the voter contact plan to reach voters and finds the votes to win the election.
- The Volunteer Coordinator organizes and recruits volunteers for the campaign.